Adecyn Homes is a family orientated company who are looking to recruit for a Children’s Residential Deputy Manager for our therapeutic home.
We initially started off as foster carers in 2004 and during a decade of fostering, we have seen faults in the existing care system where the wellbeing of children and young people was not prioritised.
We are looking for Deputy Managers who can provide leadership, support and direction for their staff team and follow through with the Company’s ethos. If you have a passion for working with children who have not had the easiest start in life, then please join us in making that positive change. Our aspirations for our children are high in all aspects of their lives, and we aim to provide a homely environment where children feel safe, loved, and nurtured.
As a Deputy Manager duties will include:
- To assist the manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose.
- To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- To support and manage the staff to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people.
- To undertake direct work with Children and young people as appropriate.
- To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints.
- To work in partnership with other professionals to achieve optimum outcomes for young people.
- To offer supervision and support to senior staff in line with the Children’s Home Regulation
- Ensuring that each young person has an allocated key worker
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s placement plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
- Assist in developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
Salary: Up to £38,700.00 per year dependent on experience and qualifications.
Working hours (shift work): Long days, Early, Late and Sleeps
Candidates are required to obtain an enhanced DBS check and are required to be aged 21 and over.
We are currently running a staff referral scheme whereby we will give you £500 for every candidate that you can introduce to us upon successful completion of their probationary period!
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Day Shift
- Night Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend Availability
- Have you been enrolled onto the NVQ Level 5 in Leadership & Management?
- Have you completed NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young people’s Workforce?
- Do you have a passion for making a difference in young people’s lives?
- Children’s residential: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- Do you have an enhanced DBS certificate (preferred)