Come Join Our Team
Apply For Our Children’s Residential Care Practitioner Position Within Adecyn Homes
Adecyn Homes is a family orientated company who are looking to recruit for a Children’s Residential Care Practitioner for our therapeutic home.
We initially started off as foster carers in 2004 and during a decade of fostering, we have seen faults in the existing care system where the wellbeing of children and young people was not prioritised.
We are currently recruiting for staff to join our team here who are new to residential or have had previous experience working in a children and young people’s residential home. The successful applicants will be those individuals who are passionate and hardworking, and those who are able to effectively motivate these young people to achieve to their full potential. As an RCP, your duties will include:
- Providing a caring home environment, in which the needs of the young people can be addressed in an effective manner
- Providing 1-1 support to the young people, helping them with their independent skills. RCPs must act as a role model and demonstrate pro-social ways of dealing with problems
- Safeguarding the young people at all times
- Taking the young people out on activities, and encourage them to try new things
- Ensuring that all paperwork is completed and up to date
- Carrying out daily and regular cleaning within the home, and cooking for the young people
- Working collaboratively and effectively with colleagues and young people to achieve the aims of the home
As an RCP, the desired skills we look for are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of patience and understanding
- Thinking effectively on your own, and having the ability to take direction with the desire to further and expand on skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Being organised
- Working well in a team
It would also be desirable if candidates already have the level 3 in Children and Young People or the new Children’s Workforce Diploma; however, we will provide necessary training for the successful candidates.
We are currently running a staff referral scheme whereby we will give you £500 for every candidate that you can introduce to us upon successful completion of their probationary period!
Salary: Up to £27,160 per year dependent on experience and qualifications.
Working hours (shift work): Long days, Early, Late and Sleeps
Candidates are required to obtain an enhanced DBS check and are required to be aged 21 and over.
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Day Shift
- Night Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend Availability
- Have you completed or are enrolled NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young people’s Workforce?
- Do you have a passion for making a difference in young people’s lives?
- Children’s residential: 1 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- Do you have an enhanced DBS certificate (preferred)